Monday 21 January 2013

New Year Resolution 2013

I do not make a habit of making resolutions for the new year because like most other resolutions I know I will struggle to keep whatever aim I intended to keep for the year.  One thing I do want to work on in 2013 is becoming happier in myself after some tough times in 2012.  This is a massive aim - to be happier.  For it to ever succeed I broke it down a little bit. 


This advice came from one of my friends before this picture above appeared on Katie Price's facebook wall a few weeks ago.  Every day might not be the best but something, however small it may be, will be good about that day.  I have a jar it sits out of sight but every day or every few days I think about what has gone on and write something big or small that was good about that day.  If there is something I feel in particular at that moment in time I might write an extra note.  The aim is that come 31st December 2013 I will have many memories to stir what is good about my life and those hidden positive memories as every day life takes its toil sometimes.  

It is wrong to think that depressed people should just be thankful for what they have got and have no right to be miserable.  This thought might make them feel even lower about themselves.  Instead this process for me is a way of forcing myself to reflect on getting that perspective I had when I was away travelling, to find the good in one day as I have a tendency to warp my thoughts.  

So far I am able to keep this small resolution to write one note every day. 
To make a big difference start with a small change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment